Thursday, February 17, 2011

Top 10 NFL Uniforms

For those of us still suffering from football withdrawals, I've put together yet another Top 10 list (I've got tons of these suckers). Especially in today's game, how good your team looks on the field can be almost as important as how well they play. Well... not really, but looking good is a good thing. So, in honor of this fact, here's my list of my Top 10 favorite NFL uniforms.
























10. Houston Texans















It's probably just the Texan in me that loves these unis. I like the incorporation of the Texas Flag on the bull logo. I also like that blue is the primary color of these unis. It's just a really good look in my opinion. Although I'm not quite as crazy about the cherry popsicle alternate.


9. Indianapolis Colts

The Colts have a classic and simple look (they've had the same uni since the 1950s). If it aint broke, don't fix it. The Colts have one of the best helmets in the league with the horseshoe and blue stripe. I've always loved solid white unis too, so I'm partial to their away look.



8. Pittsburgh Steelers

As much as I dislike the Steelers, they definitely have a classic and recognizable uni. Unique touches like the logo for the steel industry on only the right side of the helmet and the black and gold mixed together create a special and solid look. People who know nothing about football generally recognize the Steelers when they see them and that's partially thanks to a solid, long-standing uni.



7. New England Patriots: 

Simply put, the Patriots uniforms are patriotic. I'm fairly certain that if the USA had an olympic football team, their unis would look a lot like this. The logo is streamlined and looks great on a silver helmet. The red accents complete the look. The Pats' alternate is also a classic.





6. Oakland Raiders
Another simple, but iconic look. The black and silver just has an aura about it. It fits the Raiders reputation, city, fans, and mascot. The Raiders may not be doing much else but lose now-a-days, but at least they look good doing it.




5. Minnesota Vikings
First let me say I obviously love purple. And I've always like the vikings helmet decals that simulate a viking helmet's horns. But once the unis were revamped a couple years ago, I was sold. The current look is awsome and the many details and gold trim make it complete. Not to mention now the helmet is the same color as the rest of the uni.



4. New York Jets
Although the old Titans of New York uni is one of the ugliest in sports history, I've always loved the classic Jets look. Especially their all whites. They just look so good with the dark green as the secondary color. The original jets logo is also way better then the one used for a while in the 80s and 90s.


3. Arizona Cardinals

Yet another team whose unis were dismal until a recent revamping. I love the Cardinals unis across the board. They kept the old helmet, which looks great, and added new jerseys and pants with lots of details and well placed stripes. It's simple yet complex at the same time. Dang they look good.



2. San Diego Chargers
The Bolts' newer unis are nothing short of awesome. They totally personify the team's style and mascot. The contrast of colors is great. The Powder Blues don't only mirror a great throwback, but also simbolize the attitude of Southern California.





1. Dallas Cowboys
Classic, iconic, and just plain good looking. Nothing comes close to the Cowboys. Although the white is worn almost every game, the other two alternates are also solid unis. The silver and blue look great together and nothing beats the star. Some complain about the different shades of blue in the home whites, but I think they all mesh nicely. When it comes to looking good, nothing beats the Star, and nothing beats the Cowboys






No comments:

Post a Comment